The basic function of the Controls Engineer II is to provide the technical input and documentation control necessary to ensure that expectations set in the company quote and the customer specification are met. To accomplish this task, the Controls Engineer II will commit to strong coordination with Project Management, Engineering and Manufacturing department personnel to complete assigned duties according to Invotec’s mission statement while monitoring individual efficiency, productivity, and schedules to ensure the assigned project design work is completed appropriately.
This position encompasses all facets of electrical design engineering—including electrical design of machine cells, stations, components, and mechanisms. In addition, the Controls Engineer II will select component materials, specify purchased hardware requirements and collaborate with Mechanical Design Engineers to select electrical and pneumatic components. The Controls Engineer II provides electrical and software design while under minimal technical supervision. This position works with the Project Engineer and design department to complete designs or participate in design teams.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND ACTIVITIES
The principal duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Knowledgeable in the Invotec standards, processes and best practices and able to use them to complete duties.
- Working closely with Project Managers, Mechanical Design Engineers, Applications Engineers, the manufacturing team, and customers to develop systems and develop systems and complete projects.
- Generating software programs consistent with Invotec design standards.
- Support machine runoff and debug activity.
- Write and conduct software validations.
- Support machine acceptance test process and support machine installations at the customers’ facility.
- Sharing with department staff the design methodologies, productivity tools, standards, processes, and legacy information for increased knowledge and experience within the department.
- Works with senior team members to develop and execute machine software design content.
- Identifying and attending outside training sessions consistent with company goals and areas of expertise to ensure continuing education and technical skill advancement.
- Mentoring less experienced design staff and assisting in the development of concepts and design methodologies for projects.
- Communicate design requirements to junior team members, answer questions and monitor work to support further development of the design
- Understanding design team members’ skill level when assigning design tasks to junior team members
- Occasional travel required, including overnight travel – potentially domestic and international.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
Education: College accreditation with emphasis in engineering or equivalent experience, preferably from within a manufacturing firm—bachelor’s degree with concentration in electrical or software engineering strongly preferred.
Experience: Three to eight years of electrical or software design and/or engineering experience—three years’ experience within the special machine industry preferred.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Competent in the use and manipulation of 2D design software in a collaborative environment—SolidWorks DraftSight design platform and Enterprise Product Data Management file platform preferred
- Experienced in the use and programming of various PLC, HMI, and Servo software applications
- Motivated to initiate and implement tasks, strategies and techniques in a goal oriented manner to increase productivity and profitability
- Technically creative with an understanding of electrical functions to provide solutions in a robust and economical manner
- Capable of evaluating quotations, specifications, and documentation to discern functional requirements, identify missing information, and define tasks for electrical designs
- Organized and flexible in work functions allowing for dedicated, multitasking, and task interrupted duties
- Analytical and decisive to define, evaluate and solve problems in an organized process
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal with competency in computer and Microsoft Office products
- Ability to collaborate in team environments while maintaining individual duties effectively
- Committed to integrity, ethical, and economical practices aligning with Invotec’s core values
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
As a member of Invotec, Inc., applicants must be able to interact safely in a manufacturing environment. This includes:
- Full body mobility with the ability to bend, stoop, climb, and lift or move 25 lbs of weight.
- The ability to walk within restricted areas of the company or customer manufacturing plant.
- Professional conduct in regards to hygiene and dress.
- The ability to read and prepare business documents as well as conduct business over the telephone in a sometimes loud environment.
- The ability to travel via vehicle or airplane.
- The ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
Please complete all required fields. We need a cover letter, your current résumé and certificates as an attachment. The maximum size for all files supplied must not exceed 10 MB. Please check the size of the files before attaching them. Please provide the file names with your first and last name in order to guarantee a clear assignment. If you have problems with the online application form, please send us an email to karriere [at] hahn.group. Many thanks.
Note: You can revoke your consent at any time for the future by e-mail to info [at] hahn.group.
* Required fields