The basic function of the Controls Technician is to build electrical panels and integrate all required systems. In addition, the Controls Technician will work closely with the engineering staff, providing the necessary technical input and manufacturing expertise to complete controls design on a variety of projects.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND ACTIVITIES
The principal duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Reviewing schematic design.
- Laying out electrical panels to assure the fit of all components.
- Wiring panels using correct gage and color of wire.
- Properly labeling all wires and terminals.
- Making certain all connections are secure.
- Coordinating any required disassembly with Toolmakers.
- Properly integrating all components and systems.
- Routing all wires and cables in an orderly fashion.
- Inspecting all systems prior to machine start-up.
- Informing a programmer if any safety circuits or features are enabled.
- Performing machine test and assembly.
- Serving as an engineering liaison within the manufacturing facility.
- Checking and correcting drawings as necessary.
- Assisting the engineering staff as directed.
- Assist with preparation for shipment.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
Education: Associate’s degree with concentration in electrical engineering or the equivalent preferred.
Experience: At least three years of related experience in an industrial environment with a basic understanding of the machine shop environment—must have all personal tools necessary to perform all required duties
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The ability to read and understand electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic schematics
- Electrical and mechanical ability and aptitude
- Strong reasoning skills
- Familiarity with the use of 2D design software packages—AutoCAD and SolidWorks DraftSite preferred
- The ability to function independently at times as well as take and follow directions
- Strong communication skills—both written and verbal
- Competency in computer and office equipment with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a team environment while managing individual duties effectively
- Valid driver’s license with driving record of acceptable risk as defined by Invotec’s insurance company
- Strong multitasking capabilities
- A commitment to integrity, ethical and economical practices, and the organization’s mission
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
As a full-time employee, this role will require approximately 40 hours per week with frequent overtime/weekend hours.
As a member of Invotec, Inc., applicants must be able to interact safely in a manufacturing environment. This includes:
- Full body mobility with the ability to bend, stoop, climb, and lift or move 40 lbs of weight.
- The ability to walk within restricted areas of the company manufacturing plant.
- Professional conduct in regards to hygiene and dress.
- The ability to read and prepare business documents as well as conduct business over the telephone in a sometimes loud environment.
- The ability to travel domestically and internationally via plane and vehicle.
- The ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
Please complete all required fields. We need a cover letter, your current résumé and certificates as an attachment. The maximum size for all files supplied must not exceed 10 MB. Please check the size of the files before attaching them. Please provide the file names with your first and last name in order to guarantee a clear assignment. If you have problems with the online application form, please send us an email to karriere [at] hahn.group. Many thanks.
Note: You can revoke your consent at any time for the future by e-mail to info [at] hahn.group.
* Required fields