Reports to: President (later Production Manager)
Directly Supervises: None
Position provides mechanical assembly support on the production floor to build up all automation systems sold by HAHN Plastics Automation (HP US). Must be able to build up assemblies and automation systems using mechanical prints provided in an efficient and safe manner. Must be able to identify problems and issues, communicate such issues with our engineering group and help determine technical solutions in accordance with product and customer specifications. Mechanical assembly support will primarily be provided by working closely with the engineering staff and priorities directed by Project Managers. Furthermore, this position may require occasional assistance in building up a system at a customer’s location or at trade shows.
- Read and interpret mechanical prints.
- Assemble mechanical devices, assemblies and automation systems.
- Work with all hand and power tools.
- Work with precise measuring instruments within tight tolerances.
- Diagnose and offer solutions to deficient mechanical devices or assemblies.
- Work unsupervised in our production hall in an effective and safe manner.
- Perform basic machining operations such as drilling, tapping and cutting.
- Lifting 50 pound machine components unassisted.
- Lifting and rigging with a crane or fork truck less than five tons.
- Record time spent on every project and fill out time sheets in a timely fashion.
- Assist with monitoring consumable stock for re-ordering purposes.
- Maintain a neat and clean work environment.
- Provide mechanical support for national, regional and local trade shows.
- Work within a small tight knit, customer driven team.
- Follow established company policy & guidelines.
Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
Requires direct experience in this type of position.
Education: Associate Degree in Mechanical Technology preferred
Experience: More than 3 years of experience in mechanical assembly work preferred
Certifications/Licenses: Fork Truck license preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
This position requires good mechanical/technical aptitude. Requires a working knowledge of mechanical assembly practices. Ability to work with all hand and power tools along with precise measuring instruments. Ability to perform basic machining tasks. Ability to operate a milling machine and knowledge of E-Drawings is a plus. Candidate must be reliable, productive and responsible in managing day to day activities. Candidate must be able to communicate well with coworkers. Must be able to work effectively on your own and as a team player.
We look forward to your application:
Please complete all required fields. We need a cover letter, your current résumé and certificates as an attachment. The maximum size for all files supplied must not exceed 10 MB. Please check the size of the files before attaching them. Please provide the file names with your first and last name in order to guarantee a clear assignment. If you have problems with the online application form, please send us an email to karriere [at] hahn.group. Many thanks.
Note: You can revoke your consent at any time for the future by e-mail to info [at] hahn.group.
* Required fields