The Operations Manager will be responsible for full operations which includes: assembly, material flow, production engineering, OT,TCO and shop floor organization at the HAHN Plastics Automation facility in Windsor, CT. This position will require good organizational skills to be able to determine priorities in accordance with project schedules and customer requirements, and also support the project teams with procurement and follow-up with suppliers /vendors and manage logistics. The Operations Manager will also be responsible for organizing the shop floor for maximum efficiency and will assist where help is needed. The position is leading the operational team.
Position Qualifications and Skills:
Education: Associate Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering preferred
Experience: Four or more years of experience at a production/industrial environment in the customized machine building industry. Experience in leading a team
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to function independently, meet deadlines, and assist in the achievement of company goals with his operation team.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in and with a team while managing individual duties efficiently
- Close attention to detail with the ability to work quickly and accurately
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience in supply chain management
- Good technical skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. unassisted
- Work with Project Managers/Engineers to purchase all project related parts from vendors and suppliers
- Supporting Project Managers/Engineers to keep projects on schedule by providing the best possible material flow and organization
- Responsible for the overall quality of the produced products. Has the authority and responsibility to identify quality problems and take appropriate action including halting production, determining root cause, initiating corrective action in order to prevent reoccurrence, as well as participating in audits and other preventative measures.
- Following up with suppliers and vendors on supply timelines
- Organizing all logistics parts and systems (externally with shipping forwarders and internally with project teams)
- Organizing the workshop and maintaining it to maximize efficiency
- Responsible for the cleanliness and safety of the production environment
- Managing all production and spare part inventory
- Organizing preventative maintenance on shop equipment
- Maintaining a “Customer Friendly” attitude whenever dealing with customers and suppliers
- Assist in the assembly of machinery when possible and provide support for start-up service for HP US systems installed in customer facilities with occasional travel as needed.
We look forward to your application:
Please complete all required fields. We need a cover letter, your current résumé and certificates as an attachment. The maximum size for all files supplied must not exceed 10 MB. Please check the size of the files before attaching them. Please provide the file names with your first and last name in order to guarantee a clear assignment. If you have problems with the online application form, please send us an email to karriere [at] hahn.group. Many thanks.
Note: You can revoke your consent at any time for the future by e-mail to info [at] hahn.group.
* Required fields