The Operations Technician will provide in depth support for operations, project management, material flow, assembly, and shop organization at the HAHN Plastics Automation facility in Windsor, CT. This position will require good organizational skills to be able to determine priorities in accordance with project schedules and material flow, and will support the project teams with procurement and follow-up with suppliers and vendors and manage logistics. The Operations Technician will also be responsible for organizing the shop for maximum efficiency and will assist with assembly team as needed.
Position Qualifications and Skills:
Associate Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering preferred
Three or more years of experience in shipping, receiving and logistics required. Experience in a production or industrial environment preferred. Two or more years of forklift experience required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to function independently, meet deadlines, and assist in the achievement of company goals
- Experience in shipping and receiving of materials and products or equipment including procurement skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a team environment while managing individual duties efficiently
- Close attention to detail with the ability to work quickly and accurately
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to operate forklift and gain certification – stand-up forklift experience strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. unassisted
- Work with Project Managers/Engineers to purchase all project related parts from vendors and suppliers
- Supporting Project Managers/Engineers to keep projects on schedule by providing the best possible material flow and organization
- Following up with suppliers and vendors on supply timelines
- Organizing all logistics parts and systems (externally with shipping forwarders and internally with project teams)
- Organizing the workshop and maintaining it to maximize efficiency
- Responsible for the cleanliness and safety of the production environment
- Managing all production and spare part inventory
- Performing preventative maintenance on shop equipment
- Maintaining a “Customer Friendly” attitude whenever dealing with customers and suppliers
- Assist in the assembly of machinery when possible and provide support for start-up service for HP US systems installed and customer facilities with occasional travel as needed.
Apply for Job
Please complete all required fields. We need a cover letter, your current résumé and certificates as an attachment. The maximum size for all files supplied must not exceed 10 MB. Please check the size of the files before attaching them. Please provide the file names with your first and last name in order to guarantee a clear assignment. If you have problems with the online application form, please send us an email to karriere [at] hahn.group. Many thanks.
Note: You can revoke your consent at any time for the future by e-mail to info [at] hahn.group.
* Required fields