The Field Service Engineer aids in the installation and testing of electrical and mechanical components, automation controls, and systems at customer locations. The individual will be required to troubleshoot, analyze and correct pneumatic, electrical, mechanical, and controls problems with Invotec equipment at customer locations. Individual will also troubleshoot and implement corrections to electrical hardware and controls code.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND ACTIVITIES
The principal duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Technical support and guidance during both warranty and non-warranty phases with an emphasis on mechanical and electrical diagnostics and support
- Implementation of equipment upgrades and retrofits on Invotec equipment, including electrical, mechanical, and control system modifications
- On-site installation and final runoff support for new Invotec equipment
- Perform equipment mechanical, electrical, and controls system check-out activities for industrial automated equipment. Check-Out activities include; 1) system set-up, 2) initial I/O checkout and verification of electrical, pneumatic, and mechanical systems. 3) System Process verification; 4) Support of equipment buy-off activities
- Participate in debug of mechanical, electrical and control systems in the factory.
- Knowledgeable in the Invotec standards, processes and best practices and able to use them to complete duties.
- Write and conduct software validations.
- Support machine acceptance test process as required
- Identifying and attending outside training sessions consistent with company goals and areas of expertise to ensure continuing education and technical skill advancement.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Associate, Technical, or Vocational degree with emphasis in engineering or equivalent experience, preferably from within a manufacturing firm—bachelor’s degree with concentration in electrical or software engineering preferred.
- Must have or will gain networking experience including Ethernet/IP, Control Net, and Device Net
- Electrical troubleshooting skills: 208/3/60 Power & Motors, 24Vdc I/O, and instrumentation troubleshooting
- Mechanical troubleshooting skills: Pneumatics, including solenoids, cylinders, vacuum systems
- PLC programming experience with Rockwell Control Logix, Mitsubishi and Omron preferred
- Travel 50%, including weekends
Experience: Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar industry is required which includes a major emphasis on diagnostics and troubleshooting
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Background in mechanical, pneumatic, and electrical assembly
- Proven record of accomplishment of installation and diagnostics for custom automation equipment is essential.
- Proficient in reading electrical schematics (JIC, NFPA and IEC), pneumatic diagrams, interpret mechanical assembly and part drawings, and provide redline changes to drawings when necessary.
- Work involves the use of various equipment such as hand tools, hand drill and drill press, grinders, multi-meters and other measurement devices (such as calipers).
- Candidates with an added background in PLC and Robotics programming/diagnostics would be highly valued.
- Must be flexible enough to travel (up to 50% including occasional international) and work overtime as required to support the customer (including weekends and occasional holiday shutdown periods).
- Strong personal and interpersonal skills are essential, including: ability to partner effectively with peers and customers, effective communication skills, and sound judgment and the ability to deal with and manage difficult situations
- Experienced in the use and programming of various PLC, HMI, and Servo software applications
- Motivated to initiate and implement tasks, strategies and techniques in a goal oriented manner to increase productivity and profitability
- Technically creative with an understanding of electrical functions to provide solutions in a robust and economical manner
- Capable of evaluating specifications, and documentation to discern functional requirements
- Organized and flexible in work functions allowing for dedicated, multitasking, and task interrupted duties
- Analytical and decisive to define, evaluate and solve problems in an organized process
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal with competency in computer and Microsoft Office products
- Ability to collaborate in team environments while maintaining individual duties effectively
- Committed to integrity, ethical, and economical practices aligning with Invotec’s core values
- Ability to obtain a valid passport for international travel
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
As a member of Invotec, Inc., applicants must be able to interact safely in a manufacturing environment. This includes:
- Full body mobility with the ability to bend, stoop, climb, and lift or move 50 lbs of weight.
- The ability to walk within restricted areas of the company manufacturing plant.
- Professional conduct in regards to hygiene and dress.
- The ability to read and prepare business documents as well as conduct business over the telephone in a sometimes loud environment.
- The ability to travel domestically and internationally via plane and vehicle.
- The ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
Bitte füllen Sie alle Pflichtfelder aus. Als Anlage benötigen wir ein Bewerbungsschreiben, Ihren aktuellen Lebenslauf und Zeugnisse. Die maximale Größe für alle gelieferten Dateien darf 10 MB nicht überschreiten. Bitte prüfen Sie die Größe der Dateien, bevor Sie diese anfügen. Bitte versehen Sie die Dateinamen mit Ihrem Vor-und Nachnamen, um eine eindeutige Zuordnung gewährleisten zu können. Sollten Sie Probleme mit dem Online-Bewerbungsformular haben, so senden Sie uns bitte eine E-Mail an karriere[at]hahn.group. Vielen Dank.
Hinweis: Sie können Ihre Einwilligung jederzeit für die Zukunft per E-Mail an info[at]hahn.group widerrufen.
* = Pflichtfelder