Perform the following job duties without supervision:
- Design and program automation and controls systems with PLCs (programmable logic controllers).
- Review, evaluate, and maintain electrical schematics which include blueprints for the controls of the automation system.
- Create and read logic and Flow diagrams including sequential chart to document programming steps that creates the outline of the program.
- Create new PLC and Human Machine Interface (HMI) program designs.
- Commission 3rd party devices such as part marking systems, servo motors and controllers, barcode readers.
- Perform tests to verify functionality of all electrical input/output devices including sensors, pneumatic actuators, electronic measurement devices.
- Perform, tests and debug machine electrical systems including machine safety circuitry and pneumatic devices and Cognex vision systems.
- Execute, or manage execution of, the validation plan for each assigned software release, in order to meet validation coverage requirements.
- Perform Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA) and project timelines.
- Travel for up to 10-14 days per trip is required up to 30% of the time to customer locations in the U.S., Canada and Mexico; once a year travel may be to overseas customer locations.
- Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent degree in Technology or in Electrical, Electronic or Computer Engineering or in related field and
- At least 3 years’ experience in the job offered or as a Controls or Electrical or Electronics Engineer or closely related occupation, which must have included:
(i) 3 years' experience commissioning 3rd party devices which must include servo motors and controllers utilizing PLC with Siemens S7 or Allen Bradley RSLogix5000; using HMI software to include Siemens WINCC or FactoryTalk View Studio; and commissioning fieldbus networks which must include Profinet or EthernetIP;
(ii) 3 years' experience with automation system installation start-up and customer acceptance testing;
(iii) 2 years' experience reading and updating electrical schematics and performing input/output checks (I/O check) on automated equipment; and
(iv) 1 year experience with Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA).
- Major Medical and Dental insurance: Eligibility first of the month after hire.
- 401(k): Eligibility on the first day of the month following 90 days of service.
- Voluntary Life insure products.
- Ten paid holidays in the Calendar year (start date determines holidays granted in the first year of employment.)
- Paid Time Off