Position provides in depth customer service for operation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and start-up for all automation systems sold by HAHN Plastics Automation (HP US). Must be able to troubleshoot equipment and system problems and issues, determine technical solution in accordance with product and customer specifications, and recommend actions to company and customer representatives for solution. Support will primarily be provided by traveling to customers’ locations. Furthermore, this position partially consists of working in our Windsor plant and helping with system buildups, customer FATs and other system startups and acceptance test.
- Prepare, modify, and test systems prior to shipment to customer.
- Provide start up service for HP US systems installed at customer facilities.
- Provide and support FATs and SATs.
- Trouble-shooting, diagnosis and repair of equipment and system operation problems both remotely and on site.
- Working unsupervised at our customers' facilities in an effective manner.
- Extensive traveling throughout North America.
- Maintaining a "Customer Friendly" attitude whenever dealing with customers.
- Telephone trouble-shooting and assistance, including spare parts orders.
- Lifting 50 pound machine components unassisted.
- Install mechanical equipment and components safely using hand and power tools.
- Train customers in the field in the operation of HP US equipment and systems.
- Fill out field service reports, expense reports and time sheets in a timely fashion.
- Maintain a log of service problems, review periodically with product managers, division manager and sales.
- Create trouble shooting guides that address normal problems and frequently asked questions.
- Provide technical support for national, regional and local trade shows.
- Follow established company policy & guidelines.
- Keep current on new products and technology for anything manufactured, sold and serviced by HP US.
Requires direct experience in field service or 5+ years of experience troubleshooting industrial equipment.
Education: Associate Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Technology preferred
Experience: More than 5 years of experience in field service work preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- This position requires familiarity with Microsoft Office products, and good mechanical/technical aptitude. Also, requires a working knowledge and experience in industrial electronics and mechanics.
- Ability to manage priorities and work efficiently to keep up on workloads on a timely basis.
- Candidate must be productive and responsible managing day to day activities from a remote office and during travel.
- Candidate must be able to travel regularly, and communicate well with customers and coworkers.
- Must be able to work effectively on your own and as a team player.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Additional company information is available at www.hahnplasticsautomation.com